The Java Network Launch Analyzer (JaNeLA) is a tool designed
to check aspects of the
JNLP file(s) and resources
intended for the
JWS based launch
of a rich-client Java application.
In addition to checking the well-formedness and validity of the
XML, a variety of
other checks are performed. These checks include
- The encoding and content-type.
- The availability and declared size of resources.
- The types of downloadable resource (e.g. GIF/JPEG for
icon elements, .jar for
For the complete list of checks currently performed, consult the
JaNeLA check table. The tests listed in
table rows that have a 'checked' checkbox have been implemented, the unchecked
rows are either 'ToDo', or still under review.
The current binary can be obtained as janela.jar.
The versions of JaNeLA are listed below.
10.03.07 by Walter Laan
- checkLibIsOptimized: fixed error was not added to error list.
- checkLibIsInRoot: fixed infinite loop, error not added to error list.
- checkLazyForNonMain: fixed NPE when checking nativelib tag.
- checkLinkResource: removed incorrect check for jar extension.
- XSD: changed multiplicity of jar element of the resources element from 1..* to 0..*
- Analyzing the JNLP is now done in a SwingWorker.
- General code clean up.
ClassCastException on opening an URL.
- Changed checked content-type from
09.02.12 First release of JaNeLA.
JaNeLA has three menus and a toolbar. The menus are File, Report and Help.
The File menu contains three items.
- Open File. Offers a file chooser to select a main/applet JNLP file in the
the text area of the 'Main JNLP' tab. JaNeLA will automatically analyze the file
for errors, warnings and optimizations and list those below. Attempts will be made
to load any dependant JNLP extensions, in subsequent tabs, until all resources
needed for the launch are loaded and analyzed.
- Open URL. Does the same as above, starting with an URL.
- Exit. Exits the application.
The Report menu has a single item - Text Report. This report summarizes the
errors, warnings and (possible) optimizations for the JNLP files in all open tabs.
This should represent the main JNLP as well as any extension referenced by the main
JNLP or an extension.
The Help menu contains three items.
- Help on usage. This page!
- Help on errors. Help on the messages provided in the list and report.
- About. A brief summary of application detils, title, author and version. Please ensure
you are using the latest version of JaNeLA before reporting bugs or